SERVICES & PRICING
WHAT ARE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHIC NEEDS?
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
What is the investment? Session fees are $599 which includes pre-shoot design and wardrobe consultation, camera-ready makeup & hairstyling by our professional makeup artist, a 2-hour fully guided photo session, a reveal and ordering appointment of your final images, and retouching services.
Images from the session are sold separelty from the session fee. Single images are $500 each and folio collections of 5 images or more begin at $1400. Clients typically spend $2500 on average. You only buy what you love – but the more you purchase, the price goes down. Please see our special promotional pricing for the 50 Over 50 Portrait Experience.
What days do you photograph? Photo shoots are scheduled Thursday through Saturday. Please ask if you need a special day of the week.
How long is the photo session? Studio session are typically 4 hours, which includes 1.5 hours for makeup and hairstyling.
Do you offer location shoots? I offer both studio and location sessions. There is a $100 fee for location shoots within a 20-mile radius of the Watsonville studio. Please contact us directly for quotes on shoots further away or out of California. We do not shoot weddings, but will be happy to refer another photographer for your wedding needs.
What will I wear? We'll have a consultation before the shoot so I will know how you would love to be photographed and what styles resonate with you. I encourage you to bring any clothing or jewelry items that are sentimental to the session and I will help you style them.
Do you professionally retouch my photos? Yes, I do, but the goal is to make sure you look and feel like "you." We will discuss the level of retouching you would prefer and I will show you examples.
When do I see my photographs? We will meet for a Reveal and Ordering Session about a week after the shoot where you will view your images and have the opportunity to purchase matted prints, beautiful Folio boxes to store and display your new photos, Wall Art, and albums.
Do you offer digital images? Every image you purchase comes in both print and digital form. If you prefer only digital images, the price is the same.
Will I have to sign a model release? I ask all my clients to sign a model release so that their images can be used for promotional purposes of the studio. If you would prefer to keep your images private, that is okay too!
How do I pay for my session? The session fee is required at the time of booking and is non-refundable. You can pay securely through Paypal with a major credit card. Receive a 5% discount if you pay by check or cash.
What if I need to change my session date? We are happy to change your session date one time within the calendar year. Please let us know at least 14 days prior to your session date. If your session date is changed for a second time a new deposit will be required. If you do not cancel your session 14 days prior to the scheduled date, your deposit will be forfeited, as makeup artists still need to be paid for their scheduled time. A new deposit will be required to rebook. See our full policies below.
Do you offer session specials? Every other month I offer in-studio only headshots for a promotional session rate of $399. If you would like to include makeup with your session, it is available for an additional $200. You will receive 1 complimentary image of your choice. Additional images are available for purchase. Please join our mailing list or watch our social media channels for dates.
What is the 50 Over 50 Portrait Experience? The project celebrates the strength, wisdom, and beauty of women 50+. My desire with this special promotional is to start a conversation about the beauty of aging and shift societal norms. If you would like to participate and take advantage of the special promotional price please click HERE for more information.
Rescheduling & Cancellation Policies:
1. Your session fee in non-refundable in the event that you must cancel your portrait session.
2. If you need to reschedule your session we do allow a one time rescheduling of your shoot, to take place within the calendar year. Please let us know at least 14 days before your session if you need to reschedule.
3. If the minimum of two-weeks notice to reschedule your session has not been provided, a portion of your session fee will be forfeited, and an additional retainer payment of $300 will be required to reschedule your shoot. This is because the makeup artists and I have carved out the date of your session on our calendars and turned down other work, in order to make your day super special - and we are excited to have you here.
4. It is mandatory to have a design consultation via video call at least 2 weeks before your scheduled session. This is our time to design and plan your shoot, what you'll wear, etc. If we don't have a consultation we don't have a shoot.
5. If you are running late the day of your session, please call or text. Keep in mind that your shoot time will be reduced if you arrive late, and, depending on the makeup artist’s availability, we may need to reschedule your photo shoot if you are more than 30 minutes late. (Note that our rescheduling policy will still be in effect, and an additional retainer payment of $300 may be required to reschedule.)